- Citation (Ticket): You must appear at the Decatur Municipal Court of Record or otherwise resolve your citation within 10 business days (15 calendar days) from the date of offense.
- Released on Bond: You must appear WITHIN 10 DAYS from release date or at the scheduled court date listed on the bond.
- Complaint Filed: You will be notified by summons via mail of your date and time to appear
Failure to appear within 10 business days (15 calendar days) from the date of the offense may result in a warrant being issued for your arrest.
- Any person who has a citation or legal complaint filed against them in the Municipal Court must appear:
- in person,
- by mail,
- by counsel/attorney (you may choose to hire an attorney to represent you, but you are not required to), or
- by electronic appearance on the city website.
- Picture identification will be required (state issued ID or Driver’s License is acceptable).
- Attorney’s will be required to present their state issued Bar Card in addition to a picture ID.
- Juveniles (defendants under the age of 17 at the time of offense) must appear before the Judge in court with a parent or legal guardian.
- Dress Code requirements apply.
*A telephone call DOES NOT constitute an appearance in court.