How do I open a new account for utility service?

All customers wanting to set up utility service with The City of Decatur must first complete an application for new service and complete a Water Service Agreement in person at the Decatur City Hall.

Applications for new service are accepted in person at City Hall.

Applicants are required to present a lease agreement or closing or tax documents at the time the application is submitted.

You should bring a valid picture identification such as an unexpired drivers license - It must be your ID not someone else’s ID.

A printable version of the application is available on the website that can be printed and completed before your visit to City Hall.

Show All Answers

1. What is the due date for the utility bill?
2. What utility services are offered by the City?
3. How much is the utility deposit?
4. Where can I pay my bill?
5. When is my payment due?
6. How do I open a new account for utility service?
7. Can I change my due date?
8. What happens if my payment is not made by the due date?
9. Can I get an extension to pay my bill?
10. What happens if my account becomes delinquent?
11. How do I turn off water service to my residence or business to make repairs?
12. How do I change/update my Utility Billing mailing address, name or other contact information?
13. The homeowner is deceased, can I keep the account in his/her name.
14. How do I disconnect my utility service?
15. What is Resident Yard Waste?