Payment Plan Information
Payment plans may be requested by any person receiving a citation. The payment plan requires the completion of a financial form and the use of the payment plan will result in a guilty conviction as required by law.
- Request a financial plan application in person at the Municipal Court of Record at:
- 201 E. Walnut, Decatur TX, 76234.
- Provide a state-issued identification card or driver's license.
- Complete a financial form (subject to verification)
Once the form is complete an interview will be conducted based on the information obtained on your financial form to determine eligibility to pay. The amount of payment and due dates will be determined by the collection clerk.
Please note that it is your responsibility to notify the court if you are unable to pay within the time allowed. If you are unable to pay due to indigence, you may also be ordered to complete community service pursuant to Article 43.091 of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure. Being found indigent and ordered to community service may result in a conviction on your record for the offense issued.
If you are unable to pay your citation in full by the appearance date listed on the bottom of your citation you may be eligible to request a 30 day extension to pay your fine in full, but you must do so online.
- Please use the Court’s online payment system to request an extension and pay the required $100 down payment.
- The $100 will be applied to the amount due for your citation and you will receive a receipt for this, as well as a new due date which will allow you to pay the remaining balance of your fine within 30 days.
- Please make sure that you pay close attention to the new due date, which will print on your receipt.
- if your citation is not paid in full on or before the extension due date your case will incur a $25 time payment fee as required by Chapter 51 of the Government Code of the Texas State Law.
Please make sure that you understand that this is an extension of time to pay the fine amount and not an extension to appear before the Court.
- On the Home page, click the "Decatur Municipal Court of Record" link in the menu at the right side of the page.
- Please enter your citation number and date of birth EXACTLY as it appears on your citation.
- The citation number is case sensitive.